The year of the mumblers

The year of the mumblers  

1. 1. Do you find that actors mumble their lines?

• Yes - quite noticeable in many movies and TV Shows.
    • No - never really noticed this before.
    • Doesn't bother me one way or another.

I've noticed over several months of Movie and TV Show viewings that many of the modern (younger) actors have a tendency to mumble their words making it difficult to hear, or even understand, what they are saying.  In years gone when upcoming actors had to do rep and learn their art, they were continuously told to project their voices - the idea being that back in the day before theatres had sound systems actors had to project their voices so that those at the back of the theatre could hear them.

That art, of voice projection, has all but disappeared and many modern actors mumble rather than speak up - this issue has been noted in several publications and websites where viewers have written in and complained about not being able to hear, or understand, what is being said.  This, of course, can ruin a movie or TV Show and lose viewers or attract negative criticism.

Actors, and the rest of the film crew, need to keep this in mind and make sure that what they deliver is understandable.  Vote in the poll to have your say and leave a comment if you have noticed this in any particular movies or TV Shows.

:I_dunno: